The OUS Outstanding Contribution Award recognizes an individual’s outstanding, long-term contributions to the OUS. The award will be presented at the OUS Provincial Championship Banquet.
- The recipient may have made their contributions as a (including, but not limited to): player, coach, official, administrator, volunteer, parent, etc.
- The recipient has significantly impacted the development and growth of the OUS
- The recipient has advocated for and promoted the OUS and sport of women’s fast pitch
- The recipient has be instrumental in implementing new initiatives to gain recognition and support for the OUS
- The recipient will have these contributions to the OUS over an extended number of years
Nominations should include a detailed explanation as to how the individual meets any of the above criteria. Nominations can be sent to OUS President and will be evaluated by the OUS Awards Selection Committee.
The proposed deadline is September 1st which will give the selection committee 6 weeks to make a decision, notify the recipient and print certificate/engrave plaque.
- All nominations must be received by the OUS President by September 1st at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
- The OUS Awards Selection Committee will be comprised of the current OUS Executive (President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer) of that calendar year.
- On an annual basis, the criteria for the OUS Outstanding Contribution Award will be reviewed by the OUS Award Selection Committee and recommendations will be presented to OUS members at the Annual General Meeting.
- All current criteria for the OUS Outstanding Contribution Award will be posted on www.ontariouniversitysoftball.ca
- Once the OUS Secretary receives the nominations, the nomination letters and OUS Outstanding Contributor Award Selection Rubric will be distributed to the OUS Awards Selections Committee for their review (see Selection Rubric below).
- The Awards Selection Committee will use a rubric to score each of the nominations. This scoring process will be completed by October 1st each year.
- The selected recipient will be invited to the OUS Provincial Championship, provided a free banquet ticket and receive a commemorative plaque/framed certificate.
- Promotion of presentation of the OUS Outstanding Contributor award will be completed through all of OUS media channels.
- A featured article will be posted on the awards section of the OUS website in order to honour the winner and also promote the award for the following year.
Selection of Recipient:
Members of the committee will select a recipient with the aid of the scoring rubric. A successful recipient must receive an overall score of 85%. This information should be included directly on the scoring rubric to ensure that all assessors are aware of the minimum requirements for successful candidates.
The recipient of the Outstanding Contribution Award will be given a free ticket to the OUS Provincial banquet and a commemorative plaque.